Re: kmail instance separately starting

On Wednesday 2006 August 16 11:40, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:

> I've got this annoying problem where, on kde startup, kmail is separately
> starting besides kontact.

I had the same problem.  It's a complicated chain, but the "fault" turned out
to be that I had kopete set to auto-start, kopete is set to use the address
book link for my contacts, I also keep my address book as a groupware folder
in kmail.  Now, when kopete starts, it asks the addressbook for the names of
my contacts, which needs the groupware facilities from kmail to get at the
folder.

The only viable solution I have is to not start kopete automatically.
Pathetic I know, but in the end it's a lot less annoying that trying to
unstitch the kontact-without-kmail and separate-kmail mess.  In the meantime,
kopete can easily lose all the address book links and all the names revert to
the contact-defined name.

I don't envy the KDE developers, this is not an easy problem to solve.

Andy
--
Dr Andy Parkins, M Eng (hons), MIEE
andyparkins@gmail.com