Re: Hotplug, udev, hal, etc.

> > There have been extensive threads on this subject on d-devel. Suggest
> > people interested in udev/hotplug/coldplug read up on those.
>
> +5 informative.
>
> I guess the main point is the udev is still and will be as far as the
> forseeable future goes, a highly moving target.
>
> Also the udev faqs and other user-targeted information in the hotplug folder
> at kernel.org seems to be effectively outdated and can no longer be relied
> upon.
>
> And how KDE will deal with the changes seems even harder to tell since there
> is no way to tell where udev is going in the future..

Hmmm, I wonder if I should remove udev and reinstall hotplug for now since udev isn't really
mature. I am still using Kernel 2.6.12-K7. What do you guys think? I am just a regular user in
using Linux and KDE as a workstation.
--
"What do ants and bees use for cattle?" --Tom
  /\___/\
| |o   o| |         Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL): http://aqfl.net
   \ _ /                 E-mail: philpi@earthlink.net or ant@zimage.com
    ( )