Re: Hotplug, udev, hal, etc.

On Sunday 09 October 2005 15:26, Anders Ellenshøj Andersen wrote:
> On Sunday 09 October 2005 12:36, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> > > all this to work, I'd sure like if someone who knows this stuff
> > > could explain what the h... is going on.

There have been extensive threads on this subject on d-devel. Suggest
people interested in udev/hotplug/coldplug read up on those.

Some links:
continued: http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/09/msg00110.html
continued: http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/09/msg00732.html

Please don't repeat the whole discussion here. Although it would be good
to see a discussion on how KDE will deal with the changes and status of
udev. IMO udev is not yet mature and should remain optional for now.

Cheers,
FJP