Re: usb storage problems

Theo Schmidt wrote:

> At the moment I have a more pressing problem: having updated the kernel,
> it no longer plays any sound, even after an hour of fiddling.

Agh.  Kernel upgrades and sound, been there done that.

> Anyway, I'll have to take these problems somewhere else now, as it has
> nothing to do with KDE.

Barely.  However, to keep it temporarily on-topice, run kmix and toggle ALL
the switches.  In particular, in my case, I had to toggle _on_ "External
amplifier".  Someone else with apparently the same problem had to toggle
_off_ "External amplifier".  Some of those settings make no sense :-(

If that doesn't work, start a new thread for the sound problem.
--
derek