sound problem with new kernel [was: Re: usb storage problems]

Am Mittwoch, 21. September 2005 15.15 schrieb Derek Broughton:
> Theo Schmidt wrote:
> > At the moment I have a more pressing problem: having updated the kernel,
> > it no longer plays any sound...
> > Anyway, I'll have to take these problems somewhere else now, as it has
> > nothing to do with KDE.
>
> Barely.  However, to keep it temporarily on-topice, run kmix and toggle ALL
> the switches.

There are *no switches* anymore! KDE even shows a kind of "sad" cursor
animation!

> If that doesn't work, start a new thread for the sound problem.

Done, but I've actually also started asking on the debian-kernel list. KDE
can't be blamed, because other commandline tools can't even find my sound
card, only Knoppix can. I'll let you know what it was, anyway.

Theo Schmidt