Re: Automounter in KDE

Hi,
Theo Schmidt a écrit :
[...]

> This has been a long thread which has left me none the wiser. Could somebody
> sum up the present conclusions or point to an easy-to-understand resource on
> present KDE, Debian or Linux mounting philosophy?

I'm using usb key and camera (mass storage mode), they are seen as
/dev/sdAX where A is a letter from a to z depend of number of your
plugged devices and X a number corresponding to your partition (often 1).

For exemple If I plug an usb key, the command: cat /proc/partitions show
a /dev/sda1 device, if I plug another key or a camera, th e device will
be /dev/sdb1 and so on.

I've this lines in my /etc/fstab

/dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1 vfat noauto,users,exec 0 0
/dev/sdb1 /mnt/sdb1 vfat noauto,users,exec 0 0
/dev/sdc1 /mnt/sdc1 vfat noauto,users,exec 0 0
/dev/sdd1 /mnt/sdd1 vfat noauto,users,exec 0 0

And I have created 4 icons on the desktop so that I can mount, umount
keys and cameras.

This is relatively simple to configure and works relatively well.
The problem is that kernel reminds sometime the name of the device, If
you first plug a key, its device will be sda1, then if you deplug it and
plug another one, It could be sdb1 or sda1 ...

Hope it helps you.

Jody