Re: "Run Command..." dialog doesn't appear

>> Run command dialog has nothing with kicker. It's a kdesktop feature.

> Oh-kay... there is no kdesktop running on my problem machine.  There
> is one running on the working machine.  Is that the root of my
> problems...?

> $ kdesktop
> kdesktop: error while loading shared libraries: libkdeinit_kdesktop.so: cannot open shared object file: No such fileor directory

> Looks like I'm missing something...?

> The only problem here is that the shared lib libkdeinit_kdesktop.so
> is missing on the OK machine as well, even though ldd on kdesktop
> says it need it.

I blinked.  /usr/lib/libkdeinit_desktop.so is a part of the package
kdedesktop 3.3.2-1.  On the machine that works, it is present.  On the
machine that fails, it isn't.

For some reason or other, it hasn't been installed.  Or perhaps it has
been sent to lost+found by fsck?

I did:
	apt-get --reinstall install kdesktop

That downloaded and reinstalled the same version of the kdesktop
package, and when it was complete there was a /usr/lib/libkdeinit_desktop.so
on the system, and kdesktop would start.

Then "Run command" could be run again, both from the KDE menu and by
pressing Alt-F2.

Thanx!