Re: kde 3.4 in sid

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, David Pastern wrote:

[...]
If Ubuntu can do it, why can't Debian is the question that many people, including myself are silently asking. Debian is about the only distro to release with the old xfree86 X windowing system. People are expecting xorg and many won't be impressed and will look to other distros.
[...]
I find some of the posts from others on these lists (including
developers) downright offensive and arrogant.  It's the same old "fuck
you, piss off we don't care" attitude and it's not going to win Debian
any friends.  If developers cease to listen to their users, they will
find that their users move on to greener pastures.  I did so quite some
time ago,  both Ubuntu, Kanotix and Libranet kick Debian's ass all over
the place, why use Debian?  This is what many are contemplating.  Sorry
to sound rude, but i'm finding it's necessary to become blunt with thick
or uncaring developers.

You are whining and that's it. No help here, no contribution. But wait, you are burning out DD's in the process too. Tough shit. Maybe you'll push them to resign. It allready happened once and it wasn't the whiners who picked up the work. Maybe others will pick up the work or maybe not. Or maybe Ubuntu or Libranet will spend their ressources on making sure that Debian's packages move forward as fast as _you_ want/whine. Or maybe not. Or maybe you'll then just move on to RedHat or SuSE - but hey, why don't **you** move on right **now** instead of wasting the energy of the developers and instead of contributing something constructive?
*t

  Tomas Pospisek
  http://sourcepole.com -  Linux & Open Source Solutions