Re: The KMail PGP/MIME problem solved: gnupg-agent in Debian

2005. március 21. 00:41,
Zack Cerza <zcerza@coe.neu.edu>
-> debian-kde@lists.debian.org,:
> On Wed March 16 2005 22:09, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> >   As you may know, KMail in Debian testing/unstable has had the severe
> >   limitation of not being able to decrypt mail encrypted using the
> >   PGP/MIME standard, without the help of an external program, namely
> >   gnupg-agent. As this program was not available from Debian, indeed
> >   only from external repositories, the situation was far from
> >   satisfying, for users, maintainers, and upstream. This is Debian Bug
> >   #280175 and KDE Bug #92619.
> >
> >   Myself and the other members of the KDE team have repeatedly stated
> >   that work was in progress, and asked for your patience. I'm happy to
> >   announce that the 'gnupg-agent' package is available as of today in
> >   Debian Sid, and hopefully soon from Debian Sarge as well. This will
> >   make KMail fully functional in the upcoming Debian 3.1 release, which
> >   is undoubtedly a good thing. For the sake of completeness, gpgsm has
> >   also been uploaded, which will make the KDE certificate manager,
> >   kleopatra, functional as well.
>
> Am I missing something? I still can't get KMail to decrypt anything - maybe
> it has something to do with gpg-agent not being run in my session. I have
> no idea how to do this, though, as there doesn't seem to be any
> documentation (not even a manpage) :(
Please read this:
http://kmail.kde.org/kmail-pgpmime-howto.html

I think you are missing the GPG_AGENT_INFO variable. You must export the
gpg-agent's retval to that variable in (for example) the ~/.xprofile file.

--
LeVA