The KMail PGP/MIME problem solved: gnupg-agent in Debian

Hello all,

  As you may know, KMail in Debian testing/unstable has had the severe
  limitation of not being able to decrypt mail encrypted using the
  PGP/MIME standard, without the help of an external program, namely
  gnupg-agent. As this program was not available from Debian, indeed
  only from external repositories, the situation was far from
  satisfying, for users, maintainers, and upstream. This is Debian Bug
  #280175 and KDE Bug #92619.

  Myself and the other members of the KDE team have repeatedly stated
  that work was in progress, and asked for your patience. I'm happy to
  announce that the 'gnupg-agent' package is available as of today in
  Debian Sid, and hopefully soon from Debian Sarge as well. This will
  make KMail fully functional in the upcoming Debian 3.1 release, which
  is undoubtedly a good thing. For the sake of completeness, gpgsm has
  also been uploaded, which will make the KDE certificate manager,
  kleopatra, functional as well.

  I want to thank you for your understanding during this delay, and also
  to thank the people that have made this possible. I know Debian can be
  slow at times, but we try not to forget the outstanding issues.

  Thanks for reading.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

A lie can go round the world before the truth has got its boots on.
                -- Terry Pratchett