Re: The KMail PGP/MIME problem solved: gnupg-agent in Debian

On Wed March 16 2005 22:09, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>   As you may know, KMail in Debian testing/unstable has had the severe
>   limitation of not being able to decrypt mail encrypted using the
>   PGP/MIME standard, without the help of an external program, namely
>   gnupg-agent. As this program was not available from Debian, indeed
>   only from external repositories, the situation was far from
>   satisfying, for users, maintainers, and upstream. This is Debian Bug
>   #280175 and KDE Bug #92619.
>
>   Myself and the other members of the KDE team have repeatedly stated
>   that work was in progress, and asked for your patience. I'm happy to
>   announce that the 'gnupg-agent' package is available as of today in
>   Debian Sid, and hopefully soon from Debian Sarge as well. This will
>   make KMail fully functional in the upcoming Debian 3.1 release, which
>   is undoubtedly a good thing. For the sake of completeness, gpgsm has
>   also been uploaded, which will make the KDE certificate manager,
>   kleopatra, functional as well.

Am I missing something? I still can't get KMail to decrypt anything - maybe it
has something to do with gpg-agent not being run in my session. I have no
idea how to do this, though, as there doesn't seem to be any documentation
(not even a manpage) :(

>   I want to thank you for your understanding during this delay, and also
>   to thank the people that have made this possible. I know Debian can be
>   slow at times, but we try not to forget the outstanding issues.
>
>   Thanks for reading.

Thanks for writing.

Zack