Re: What's the best way to safely remove kde apps?

* Hendrik Sattler [Sat, 19 Feb 2005 14:54:20 +0100]:
> Am Samstag, 19. Februar 2005 14:12 schrieb Curt Howland:
> > The difficulty is that rather than "suggests" or "recommends", the KDE
> > global metapackage(s) "depends" on many of the unnecessary KDE
> > applications not just the real core apps, and the core apps "depends"
> > on the metapackage.

> Who cares for the meta packages? They contain not files and can be removed
> without any problem.

  Many people do. Those who just want 'apt-get install kde' to work.

  [rant skipped, you already submitted #295764].

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

From the moment I picked your book up until I put it down I was
convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it.
                -- Groucho Marx