Re: What's the best way to safely remove kde apps?

Tim Folger wrote:
> I'd like to remove some kde apps that I seldom use--games, etc.--but
> when I try to use synaptic or apt-get to remove individual kde
> packages, apt and synaptic want to remove all of kde as well. What is
> the best way to get rid of unwanted kde apps?

I do not know about synaptic, but certainly better than apt is to use
aptitude, where you can see what are the dependencies among the packages
and why the package is suggested for removal. Then after you play with it
long enough so that the selections are according to your wishes, only then
you can run actual removals and installations.

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

Science is meaningless because it gives no answer to our
question, the only question important to us: ``What shall we do
and how shall we live?''
    -- Lev Nikolaevich Tolstoy