Re: how to save settings of konqueror

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 17:17, Svenn Are Bjerkem wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 January 2005 15:20, Derek Broughton wrote:
> > Here's a suggestion to people defending him.  Just ignore the whole
> > waste of bandwidth.
>
> I am not defending one particular person, I am defending the right to
> be allowed to ask simple questions. Debian-kde is not a hacker
> centric mailing-list so the tolerance should be a bit higher than
> what is described in the ESR document which is repeatedly cited here.

And many people tried to help Jianan, but he ignores every attempt to help him
and responds with insults.  In the past couple of weeks, I can think of at
least one person who's asked a string of fairly simplistic questions without
getting flamed like that.  It helps if you accept all advice in the spirit
it's offered (ignoring the stuff that's obviously mean-spirited), follow
advice you're given (like quoting properly) and build on the first answers
you get to ask smarter ones in future.

And for the record, I've never complained about Jianan's questions, and
defended his right to ask them, but it drives me nuts that he absolutely
refuses to quote and has gone to extra effort to break threads.
--
derek