Re: how to save settings of konqueror

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 17:42, Nick Pilon wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:17:27 +0000, David Pye <dmp@davidmpye.dyndns.org>
wrote:
> > You'll notice this list is fairly low on personal attacks and insults.
> > The fact that you seem to send and receive so many points to the fact
> > that *you* are doing something wrong, and not that the world is faulty.
>
> I don't know, I think I'd blow up too after being told that I was too
> stupid to post here. I think that assorted list members have been very
> impolite to jianan. Sure, some of his questions were rather
> simplistic, but none seemed entirely unreasonable to me for a new
> Linux user coming from Windows who's never used any non-Windows
> systems before. This goes doubly so since it appears that there are
> people willing to politely answer his questions and /politely/ suggest
> that he poke around a bit more before asking here.

But then some of us who _did_ politely help him, and try to encourage him to
post properly, got told off.  Nobody personally attacked him, whereas he has
(at the very least - I _don't_ read his posts any more) called someone a
"big, damn fool".

> What really amuses me is the people yelling at him for wasting
> bandwidth... All the while wasting more bandwidth yelling at him than
> he wasted asking his original questions.

And I haven't seen anyone yell at him for wasting bandwidth - he's been told
to ask smarter questions, which is reasonable advice since so many people on
the list no longer feel like giving him answers.

> Here's a suggestion to the people attacking jianan - just ignore his
> posts in the future.

Here's a suggestion to people defending him.  Just ignore the whole waste of
bandwidth.
--
derek