Re: KDE/Konqeror - mounting NFS export hangs Konquerer and K-MenuI

Hello Anders,

I have the NFS export mounted to /mnt/athlon/ with a link on the KDE-Desktop.
I have it set users in fstab so I can mount it from there, which takes a
while until it comes up.  All other attempts to start Konqueror after that,
from a Home link on the Desktop for instance, take very long.  K-Panel does
not respond until Konqeror comes back.

From console i.e. without even logging into the xserver, the mount takes long,
and I get an error "RPC: failed to contact portmap (errno -5)", but the mount
is ok and I can move through directories and copy files or directories in
both directions normally.

BTW:  Back a few weeks ago, when I first tried to get this system working I
also tried an smb mount, cause I already had the samba server set up for Win
clients.  It locked up my client system. So did an attempt with cifs, so this
has been a long, long ordeal.  Not really much fun.  On top of that I had to
figure out that the orinoco driver isn't stable with the Prism 2.5 wlan card
in my laptop, so that I am now using a pcmcia card with the Prism54
module....

Thanks for your suggestions.

Chris

--