Re: Bug# 266478 - any development?

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 12:16, Hendrik Sattler shaped the electrons
to shout:
> Am Mittwoch, 10. November 2004 10:38 schrieb Ricardo Galli:
> > My main complain with KDE in Debian (including 3.3.x) is that default
> > appearance is extremely ugly.
>
> That is really a matter of taste and of installed packages...
>
> > It could be easily improved by:
> >
> > - Reduce font sizes, it's just too big by default.
>
> No, IIRC it was 12pt and that is just fine for smaller CRTs.

Oh!, surely they will be the standard for newer installations (which is
not, or at least argueable)

Nevertheless, that depends on DPI setting, so check and adjust this
settting accordingly and check again the sizes.

> > - Change default font to Bitstream Vera (to avoid the bad look for
> > people with Helvetica fonts already installed).
>
> See, I like Verdana and Andale Mono, so lets argue ;)

OK. They are not free. Period.

But also, they are not the standard in Debian.

> > - Use Plastik style.
>
> What's the problem with the default Keramik style? I like it and that's

It's ugly and not liked even by upstream,

> what KDE upstream chose to have as default. Which package is Plastik
> style in, apt-cache doesn't find anything about it.

It's the standard _only_ because the default style _has_ to match the
screenshots in the official documentation, which area all keramik's and
need lot of work to change them.

--
  ricardo galli       GPG id C8114D34
  http://mnm.uib.es/~gallir/