Re: Mounting CIFS shares causes KDE lockups (possible famd problem)

Fredag den 10. december 2004 10:13 skrev Anders Ellenshøj Andersen:
> Thanks for the confirmation. I will report it.

But where? Is this a cifs problem or a KDE problem. Personally since smbfs
seems to work for me, I'd guess it's a cifs problem, but since you say that a
number of other apps work, that would lead one to believe it is more kde
specific.

If I were to give a guess, I would say that this has something to do with the
file alteration monitor (famd) not liking something CIFS is doing. Because
once KDE hangs it is actually possible to shut down all processes from a
virtual terminal, except the famd process. It remains and you can't even shut
it down as root with '# kill -9 pid'.

Anders