Re: Unicode in Konsole

Am Donnerstag, 19. August 2004 06:34 schrieb Peter Clark:
> 	Unfortunately, even after restarting X, this did not work. (Since I
> already had an appropriate /etc/environment file, I substituted that
> instead of one in $HOME.)

Strange, because this works here just fine with Debian Sarge.
Create a file ("touch /xsession-test") in that script and see if it gets
executed...

> I also tried to make a menu entry with
> 'LANG=en_US.UTF-8 konsole' per Frans Pop's suggestion, but that also did
> not work.

That's only going to work if you run this with a shell prefixed:
/bin/bash -c "LC_ALL=C konsole"

But doing this for every such program is just a bad hack.

HS

        oder über pgp.net