Re: Unicode in Konsole

On Wednesday 18 August 2004 22:22, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> You have to set the environment variable _before_ starting KDE. Sadly,
> Debian does not do this. However, you can manually do it:
> $ cat /etc/X11/Xsession.d/10local_userenv
> USERENVFILE=$HOME/.environment
> if [ -f $USERENVFILE ]; then
>     source $USERENVFILE;
> fi
>
> also source this file where you normally write your environment stuff (e.g.
> ~/.bashrc).
> Now set the environment in ~/.environment and your problem is gone. As
> already stated here, KDE3.3 will make this a bit easier (maybe they finally
> realized the problem).

	Unfortunately, even after restarting X, this did not work. (Since I already
had an appropriate /etc/environment file, I substituted that instead of one
in $HOME.) I also tried to make a menu entry with 'LANG=en_US.UTF-8 konsole'
per Frans Pop's suggestion, but that also did not work.
	What does KDE3.3 do differently? I'm planning on upgrading in the next few
days, so if it works there, I can wait a bit.
	Thanks,
	:Peter