Re: Every KDE App Crashes

Am Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2004 16:05 schrieb Patrick Dreker:
> Am Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2004 10:52 schrieb Sean Kellogg:
> To really see whether me assumption about the libraries is right, I'd need
> to see at least two backtraces of different apps crashing in the described
> way, to see, if there are similarities. You can send me the backtraces via
> private mail if you'd like, or send them to the list. You can cull all the
> "content-free" lines from the BT ("no debugging symbols found"), so the BTs
> don't get too long. I'll take a look, but no promises....
OK, the backtraces (sent by private mail) both show this in common:
---------------------------
#3  0x4139b69a in glXChannelRectSyncSGIX () from /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
#4  0x080674e8 in ?? ()
#5  0x413c9fa0 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
#6  0x080674e8 in ?? ()
#7  0x4139d656 in glXChannelRectSyncSGIX () from /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
----------------------------

This points the blame towards libGL (OpenGL). Try reinstalling the associated
packages. In SID libGL.so.1 is provided by the packages nvidia-glx (part of
NVidia's proprietary X driver) and xlibmesa-gl (OpenGL software rendering,
part of XFree86).

If you are using Nvidia's proprietary drivers try reinstalling the complete
driver package either bei recompiling it from the debian installer packages
(nvidia-kernel-source, nvidia-glx). Perhaps there simply is a mismatch
between the driver itself and the associated nvidia-glx package. If you
installed the driver "manually" (using Nvidia's installer) try completely
removing and reinstalling the package.

Hope this helps.

Patrick
--
Patrick Dreker

GPG KeyID  : 0xFCC2F7A7 (Patrick Dreker)
Fingerprint: 7A21 FC7F 707A C498 F370  1008 7044 66DA FCC2 F7A7
Key available from keyservers