Every KDE App Crashes

I've checked back 3 months on the mailing list and there was nothing like
this, so please don't shoot me if it has come up before!

My Debian/Unstable media box running the most current KDE behaves exactly as
expected except when I terminate a KDE application such as KEdit, Konsole, or
KControl.  When I terminate it (either alt+F4, quit from the menu, or click
on the little X) the app closes fine, but then a KDE Crash Handler Dialog
comes up.  It informs me that there has been a crash of type SIGSEGV for
whatever app I happen to be running.  The Backtrace is of little help, but I
could include it if someone knows what to do with it.  I can close the dialog
box and there seem to be no ill after-effects, I can restart the app without
a hitch.

To add some additional mystery...  non-KDE apps, like Mozilla or Mplayer, have
no issues.  But, even MORE strange, is that Konqueror doesn't have the issue,
just the rest of the KDE apps.  I assume that it means Konqueror never
actually terminates.  Additionally, when logging in through KDM, there are
multiple crashes as things like KDM and Ksplash come and go.  Oh, and it
effects all users on the system, so I can't imagine its a setting in
$HOME/.kde folder.

I know its not a package problem, because my laptop and main desktop are
working fine running the same Unstable KDE packages.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
-Sean

--
Sean Kellogg
2nd Year - UW Law School

"When the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to treat everything
as if it were a nail."
     -- Abraham Maslow