Re: Konqueror crashes very often

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 05:28 am, Leopold Palomo Avellaneda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using kde 3.2.2 from sarge and I have realized that konqueror is very
> unstable. I can use it normally but many time it crashes. Sadly I cannot
> say: ..it crashes when you visit that page and do something .... simple you
> are surfing on the web and crash. Or many times you have severals konqueror
> opened and one of them crash.

It seems to be animated banner ads in my case.  Pages that have flash adds are
particularly noxious.  I see other, random crashes too, and I would agree
with you that Konqueror has been decidedly unstable since I upgraded to
3.2.2.  I'd say 3.2.3 is slightly worse.

> The question is how can I know what is happening? I think that is not
> useful to put a bug about ....my konqueror crash may times!!!!!

There's probably not a lot you can do without digging into it with both feet.
Get the source code, compile it with debugging symbols, work hard at
reproducing the trouble.  Even at that, it's not so useful to go to this much
trouble to find problems with something as old as the last stable release.
It's better to get CVS and debug that, which ups the ante even further.  It's
not for the likes of me, I can assure you.  I'd probably never get the thing
compiled correctly anyway.  That's why I don't run LFS!  :)

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/