Re: Kicker: no "Applications" but "Lost & Found"

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Michael Schuerig wrote:

Some time ago the contents of the K-Menu (Kicker) have changed. There's
no longer an application menu called "Applications", instead now there
is one called "Lost & Found" containing some, but not all, items
previously in "Applications". Also, integration of Debian applications
has changed

I'm using the latest KDE packages on unstable. Now they have their own
top-level menu whereas previously they were sorted thematically into
the KDE menus.

I liked the earlier state a lot better. Are these changes due to bugs or
are they intentional?

They appear to be intentional... <shrug>

KDE-Debian menu integration has been going downhill since KDE-1, imo. If there was an option which would trash the KDE portion and leave me with just the Debian stuff I'd use it in a heartbeat.

- Bruce