Re: mp3 arts output (juk) broken

On Mittwoch, 12. Mai 2004 01:39, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> like described in
> listening to mp3s with KDE-3.2.2 is a real pain :-(
> However, the .deb proposed there makes my artsd crash.
>
> I'll try to recompile complete kdemultimedia with the proposed patch.
> It would be nice if a maintainer could at least react to it.
>
> And how do I actually rebuild it with -O0? Setting DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS did not
> work, setting CXXFLAGS or CFLAGS did not work (at least, I see -O2 appear a
> lot). automake and all that crap really, really sucks :-((
>
> Additionally, I find it really disappointing by the KDE QA-Team (does KDE have
> one?) that there are so many compiler warnings :-/
> Things like:
> In file included from libartsmidi_la.all_cc.cc:15:
> ../../../arts/midi/timestampmath.cc: In function `std::string
>    Arts::timeStampToString(const Arts::TimeStamp&)':
> ../../../arts/midi/timestampmath.cc:73: warning: int format, long int arg (arg
>    3)
> are not necessary (on a common arch with a common compiler), especially if you
> already have monster configure scripts :-/
>
> Maybe the selfcompilation works...

Any news here? The sound output really destroys the complete music :-(

Self compiling mpeglib with -O0 helped for me, but the configure stuff seems
to have several O2's hardcoded. I did a "perl -pi -e 's/-O2/-O0/eg' *" in every directory
and replaced the resulting libmpeg by hand for testing. Sound is ok now.

Cheers,
Cajus