Re: Arts, network transparency, nas.

On Monday 03 May 2004 18:50, Caoilte O'Connor wrote:
> err. wouldn't the best solution be to set X up on the
> server, enable X11 forwarding through SSH and run JuK or
> whatever from that machine?

That would solve most problems, yes. But X11 forwarding is sloow, and I don't
get any visualisations. I need to log in every time through a terminal and it
won't give me video playback with sound on my stereo. (At least I don't see
how.)

However I have been working on exactly that temporary sollution. Right now the
problem is that sound on the server doesn't work at all. But that's a driver
issue, and has nothing to do with kde.

Anders

--
This email was generated using KMail from KDE 3.2.2 on Debian GNU/Linux