Re: Konqueror, Mime Types, & Following Links

On April 13, 2004 01:10 pm, Sean Kellogg wrote:
> Since the most recent dist-upgrade to kde 3.2.2 Konqueror has become
> somewhat less useful than normal.  If I type a URL directly into the
> location bar, or use a bookmark, all goes as one would expect.  But if I
> click on a link I get the following:
>
> "There appears to be a configuration error. You have associated Konqueror
> with text/html, but it can't handle this file type."

Check the filetype config for text/html.  (you can access it fhrough kcontrol
or konqueror's "Settings"->"Configure Konqueror"

Make sure under the "embedded" tab it is set to use "embedded viewer" and that
KHTML is the 1st service listed.

HTH,

Robert
(grepper)