Re: konqueror java support fails again - suggestion

I have read somewhere about two fixes in java support. Maybe they can explain
my failure to make java working in konqueror:
1. conflicts with the compiler: is kde 3.1.1 for woody compiled with gcc2.95?
Java must be compiled with the same gcc version...is my blackdown j2re1.3 for
woody compiled with gcc2.95?
2. In order to make blakcdown debs working with Mozilla a soft link is needed:
ln -s /usr/lib/j2se/1.3/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
should I do something similar ?? Or should I throw away this non-GPL f**
language from Sun people ??
--
saluti,  Mauro

On this machine no Windows system survives and LINUX POWER reigns UNLIMITED.