Re: konqueror java support fails again

Mauro Darida wrote:

> Ehm, maybe you didn't read my msg entirely...I say, I CHANGED java machine
> and installed the one from BLACKDOWN

Apologies, I was up at 5am with my 2yr old yesterday and by the time I got to
read my mail late last night my brain was a bit stale.

> If it works, it should work both from the symlink or the absolute path, it
> doesn't matter.

It might matter if next time you upgrade, your java vm has changed location.
By using an absolute path in konqui you are bypassing the debian alternatives
system. The default path of "java" that the debian kde packages ship with
works fine. This is not the source of your problem, I was just trying to be
informative :-)

Did you check the other java related symlinks in /etc/alternatives? I vaguely
recall having problems with java a few months ago. I think at the time there
were only java packages available for woody, then packages became available
for sid but when I upgraded lots of stuff had moved around and the install
script failed to update some of the symlinks in /etc/alternatives. I had to
edit a lot of those symlinks to get things working again, mc is a godsend for
this sort of stuff.  Also, when you had the sun tarball installed previously
did you or the install script create any symlinks outside of /usr/local?  Did
you clean up before installing the blackdown .debs?

HTH

--
Simon Hepburn.