Re: Debian KDE 3 packages using a different kde_htmldir

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 02:23:06PM +0200, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> For reference, I sent a patch to Daniel Stone that adds this target,
> and he told me he would be committing this.  However, Stephan Kulow
> told me he would not put any distribution-specific code in
> acinclude.m4.in, so it doesn't really help..

I've got two debianrules patches, that both support exporting shell-type
variables. I'll be committing today.

> Yes,  I think this problem is a problem for whole of KDE.  Maybe we
> should try to make the change in KDE, however this would probably have
> to wait for KDE 4 then, since it would not be easy to sanitize the
> paths stuff while keeping backward compatibility.

*nod*. However, it's never too early to start a discussion (somewhere
like -core-devel).

> Changing stuff in Debian-specific patches only creates a different set
> of annoying compatibility problems, especially for third party source
> packages, as you can see from the recent discussion about the problems
> caused by kdelibs.dirs.patch.

Oh, for sure. I don't think anyone was ever suggesting to make this
radical a change in our packages.

> Agreed.  However, I think that we should maybe try to start a
> discussion on kde-core-devel about the KDE install paths policy, so
> that it might get fixed in KDE 4.

Agreed; I'll start drafting an email.

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel@raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone@kde.org>