Re: Re: What are the best windowed IRC clients, and which are apt-get'able?

Note: I am the Debian maintainer for the kvirc package.

If you do like KVIrc, I advise you to try out the latest version (pre3-1) of
KVIrc 2 in Sid. It is better integrated with KDE than KVIrc 3, and contains
quite a lot of fixes compared to the upstream KVIrc 2 version (which is dead
now anyway since everyone there is working on KVIrc 3).

I took up maintaining the KVIrc 2 sources and am planning to add some of the
more interesting features from KVIrc 3 (encrypted IRC, avatar support, and
the like), though mostly I plan to make KVIrc as stable as can be and
well-integrated with KDE. Currently KVIrc 2 has near-native KDE support
instead of only using a few KDE classes for its UI. It also has a much more
finished look than KVIrc 3.

Give it a try and see for yourself :-)
- Robin