Re: What are the best windowed IRC clients, and which are apt-get'able?

On Thursday 16 October 2003 08:47, hereon1@fastmail.us wrote:
> I'm looking for something like mIRC in windows.  I like: multi chat
> windows.  nice channel list functions (sort by name, # users). Lots of
> other options.

Kvirc 3 is the best irc client for linux. It uses QT and thus blends fairly
seamlessly into your kde environment. Forget about xchat. It is crap.
Kvirc 2 is in unstable and it is ok, but you really should try to install
kvirc 3 as it has a lot of nice features.

Homepage is here:

http://www.kvirc.net/

CVS snapshot debs are here:

ftp://ftp.kvirc.de/pub/kvirc/snapshots/debian

I have had various problems with those though, so I always compile my own
version from cvs sources.

Anders

--
This email was generated using KMail from KDE 3.1.4 on Debian GNU/Linux