Re: No accented chars in 3.1.4 (solution)

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 03:12:36AM -0500, Chris Cheney wrote:
> Which exact version of XFree86 4.3 are you running. I seem to just been
> bitten by it and I have XFree86 4.3.0-0pre1v3. I am going to see if
> going back to 4.3.0-0pre1v1 will fix the problem.  I am now seeing both
> the deadkeys will not work issue and the accented chars show up as '?'
> glyphs. I didn't upgrade to 4.3.0-0pre1v3 as soon as other people
> since I don't have experimental listed in my sources.list so this may be
> the cause of the problem.

I found and reinstalled pre1v1 and the deadkeys bug went away. The
accented char issue though ended up being the page I was looking at was
invalid html without a charset meta entry.

Can anyone reproduce the accented character bug with any version of
XFree86 where they aren't looking at invalidly created websites? For
example typing accented characters into various KDE apps? If so also
report your version of XFree86 with the message.

Thanks,
Chris