Re: No accented chars in 3.1.4 (solution)

On Thursday 09 October 2003 00:47, Chris Cheney shaped the electrons to
shout:
> > BTW, this only happens, at least in my computers, where I use xfree
> > 4.3, but not with 4.2. Chris (Cheney), can you give us some clue?
>
> I am using XFree 4.3 as well and have never had problems with accented
> chars. However, I am using kxkb with US keyboard + deadkeys, so I do
> not know if that may have an effect.

I have three computers with last KDEs (and kdebase from CVS) + xfree 4.3
with the same problem. Plus one with 4.2 wihtout any problem. Locales and
fontoconfig are the same for the four machines.

In two of my laptops (Dell X200), if I try to write , for example, "á" in
konsole, i get "aaaa".

> What did you mean by the following:
> > This not the solution (the behaviour is quite different), but to
> > disable LD_BIND_NOW.

Just unsetting LD_BIND_NOW is enough to avoid the problem. Which has the
same effect (accented chars work) than starting any kde application from
a shell. So, I think is just a kdeinit problem.

I thought it could be a kdm init problem, but I see the same problem
starting kde via startx from a text console.

Thanks.

--
  ricardo galli       GPG id C8114D34
  http://mnm.uib.es/~gallir/