Re: KDE 3.1.1a: error loading kdeprint_lpd

[Traditional interleaved quoting: please read to end for all comments]

Chris Cheney wrote in gmane.linux.debian.user.kde:
 about: Re: KDE 3.1.1a: error loading kdeprint_lpd

> Several people have seen this error but I am not sure how it is
> occuring, its not happening on my system. It might be related to
> something in your kde configuration dir. Try running this:
>
> grep -r kdeprint_lpd ~/.kde
>
> and see what it tells you, if you see anything looking like a
> configuration file mentioning kdeprint_lpd you may need to remove that
> config file, but reply to list with the results of the grep command.

Here's what I get:

dm@pepper:~$ grep -r kdeprint_lpd ~/.kde
grep: /home/dm/.kde/socket-pepper/kdeinit-:0: No such device or address
grep: /home/dm/.kde/socket-pepper/klauncherto2n7b.slave-socket: No such
device or address

No mention of kdeprint_lpd whatsoever..

Can you let me know what printing packages I need to have installed to
use kdeprint, anyway?

I have an Epson Stylus C60, and apparently I should use gimp-print for
that, but I'm somewhat confused by all the CUPSes and foomatics and lprs
and lpds and all the rest to choose from...? :-(

--
David Marsh, Glasgow, Scotland, N Europe. | http://web.viewport.co.uk/
<email valid @time of writing>, but reply to list preferred, thanks.