Re: Where is kdenetwork, where is Chris?

On Mittwoch, 5. März 2003 13:11, Karolina Lindqvist wrote:
> tisdagen den 4 mars 2003 23.41 skrev Daniel Stone:
> > We have orth's debs, which are excellent. Karolina's debs were forked,
> > pure and simple, and it's always going to be almost impossible for
> > anyone to support a forked solution. orth/etc happen to track our CVS,
> > which is cool. Karolina was several billion revisions behind, and didn't
> > believe in Conflicts/Replaces. They were a short-term stopgap, and were
> > always intended as such.
> That is purely and simply incorrect. Originally I forked from CVS, in the
> summer 2002, but now so much is changed that it is now completely separated
> from CVS. I had a working KDE on debian long before the "official" team
> even started to work on making packages.
> As it is now I have a stable KDE for debian, as well as over 60
> applications/additions.
Hi Karolina,

I think the problem is that you don't have CVS access at KDE so you could
directly work on the debian dirs in CVS with us. Regarding third party
packages, yes, that is a bit of a problem because they work with your set (so
do my backports work with my set on woody) so there's nothing much we could
do about it other than applying for NM at debian and find a sponsor for our

> Karolina

- --
Ralf Nolden

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (GNU/Linux)