Re: Compile problem with kde/qt apps

fredagen den 28 februari 2003 01.37 skrev Marco Laverdière:

> I have tried various commands to compile and have looked around for some
> clues, without success.  The last one I've tried, is the following:
> "./configure --prefix=/usr --with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt3
> --with-qt-libraries=/usr/share/qt3/lib"

I am an advocate of having a proper "debianrules" file. My basic configure
strings all look like:
./configure $(configkde)
Where configkde takes care of giving the options needed for KDE.

Actually, how it often looks like this:

	$(COMPILER_FLAGS) AWK=gawk AUTOMAKE=automake-1.6 \
	./configure $(configkde)

Which supplies compiler flags for various platforms, chooses the correct
compiler command string, and also selects the correct automake version.
AWK=gawk maybe is not needed, since gawk is supposedly default always. But
before I got bitten by that not being the case, so it often sits there in my
rules files. AUTOMAKE has to be specified, depending on which automake
version was used by upstreams.

If I am changing compiler from g++-2.95 to 3.x, update for other qt options,
or whatever,  I only need to make changes in the debianrules file, which
maybe best should be in a central place supplied by kdelibs-dev.

Karolina