Re: Sid KDE 3.1 upgrade report

Børre Gaup wrote:

> You can make a file ~/.xsession . X uses this as a startup file.
> Here is a snippet from mine:
> -----------------------
> #!/bin/sh
> export LANG=se_NO.UTF-8
> keychain $HOME/.ssh/id_dsa
> source ~/.keychain/`uname -n`-sh
> eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon)"
> xsetroot -solid black
> setxkbmap sapmi+us_group3
> setxkbmap -option ctrl:swapcaps
> setxkbmap -option grp:menu_toggle
> startkde
> ----------------------
>
> Hope this helps. At least you won't have to edit files in /usr :-)

Yes, the goal is for individual user configuration, not system-wide
settings.

I was hoping for a KDE-specific startup script, so that the user could
do something different depending on the environment. Perhaps there is
some environment variable that is only set in KDE sessions? I will look
into this.

Also, perhaps I should have noted that I am using KDM to start up my
KDE session, if that makes any difference.

Craig