Re: Konqueror and NY Times sluggish KDE 3.0 to 3.1 Beta 2

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 02:09:57PM -0800, Michael Hoodes scrawled:
> Let's hope  official KDE 3.1 will fix the problem.  Is there any way I
> can be insured of that?
>
> What confuses me, is how can KDE make an IPV6 call when I specifically
> compiled my kernel without IPV6?

Sounds like a problem lower down than KDE. If it makes an IPv6 call,
which times out rather than being rejected immediately with an error,
that is clearly a bug *outside* *of* *KDE*.

Recompiling the debs without IPv6 support is not an option, because of
the popularity of IPv6. Double-check, with stuff like route -A inet6,
and ifconfig, that you really don't have IPv6 support. If you don't,
then there's a deeper problem outside of KDE.

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel@raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone@kde.org>
Developer - http://kopete.kde.org, http://www.kde.org