Re: Konqueror and NY Times sluggish KDE 3.0 to 3.1 Beta 2

Roy and Todd,

Thanks to the posting by <boerre@subdimension.com> it appears that our
problem (NY Times, UK Register and NHL) is due to an erroneous IPV6 call
that is rejected and/or times out.  It is also recommended to recompile
kdelibs with IPV6 set to no.  It makes a lot of sense, earlier in  this
list (on the 12th and 13th) several posters indicated the problem went
away with 3.08 of konqueror -  Self-compiled KDE3.1 beta users are OK.

I am using the karolina debs and kdelibs have been split up. I don't
know where to find the source and what "split" contains the IPV6
call.  I have a relatively slow machine and generally don't compile KDE
for that  reason.

Let's hope  official KDE 3.1 will fix the problem.  Is there any way I
can be insured of that?

What confuses me, is how can KDE make an IPV6 call when I specifically
compiled my kernel without IPV6?
Michael Hoodes         http://www.hoodes.com            Seattle, WA