Re: Starting a cvs-compiled KDE from KDM

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 12:54:09AM +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib:$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> $KDEDIR/bin/startkde

put an "exec" before the startkde invocation. this saves you some
memory.

> This way, my settings will survive almost everything (an upgrade of
> xfree86-common or  kdm and a "make install" of kdelibs).

yep.

> At worst, I'll have to add kde_cvs to kdmrc again, but that's it.

only if something goes horribly wrong - otherwise "make install" of
kdebase should preserve your kdm settings. provided of course, that
you use the kdm you compiled yourself. if you use the debian package,
you must tell debconf not to touch your SessionTypes.

greetings