Re: kmail gettings slower and big cpu usage on exit

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 21:16, Achim Bohnet wrote:
> For some weeks I (again) notice kmail (woody + kde from sid)
> working slower and slower.  Too slow after ~ 2 days.
> Only thing that helps is to exit kmail
> and start it again.   Further, even after empty trash, compacting
> all folders and then exiting kmail, kmail runs in the background
> for several minutes comsuming as much CPU time as it can get.

If you have it set to compact folders on exit then that can explain the disk
access on exit.

I have noticed that kmail seems to slowly increase memory use over time and
suspect a memory leak.

Also when reading a large message the amount of time taken to display it is
excessive (sometimes 30+ seconds for a very large message).