Re: kmail gettings slower and big cpu usage on exit

On Thursday 21 March 2002 21:16, Achim Bohnet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For some weeks I (again) notice kmail (woody + kde from sid)
> working slower and slower.  Too slow after ~ 2 days.
> Only thing that helps is to exit kmail
> and start it again.   Further, even after empty trash, compacting
> all folders and then exiting kmail, kmail runs in the background
> for several minutes comsuming as much CPU time as it can get.
>
> Any me-toos?   Anyone heavily using KDE 3s kmail already?
> Is it fixed in KDE 3?

I've encountered it as well; I guess it's due to the "compact all folders on
exit" setting, which takes quite a lot of time if your folders are really
big. (executing it manually for my "linux-kernel" folder which has ~20000
mails, takes almost 20 seconds on my Athlon 700)
cheers,
Yven
--

Yven Johannes Leist - leist@beldesign.de