Re: starting windows without decoration

From: Jarno Elonen <elonen@iki.fi>
To: debian-kde@lists.debian.org
CC: wundersurf2000@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: starting windows without decoration
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:44:17 +0200

On Tuesday 19 March 2002 18:25, wundersurf2000@hotmail.com wrote:
> hello, i am wondering if there is a way to open a new window in kde without > window-decoration? i've looked at kstart, but that doesn't seem to be able
> to do that.

In KDE 2, you can start an application (window) without borders like this:

        kstart --type Override <appname>

So for example, to start a transparent Konsole without borders eterm-style,
you could say...

kstart --skiptaskbar --skippager --alldesktops --type Override konsole

...then remove Menubar, Toolbar, Frame and Scrollbar, and finally make it
transparent by choosing "Transparent Konsole" from Schema-menu.

- Jarno

I have one more question now. Is there a way to make the window always
tay on the back i.e an opposite to 'kstart --ontop'