Re: packages tasksel expects to find in woody, that arn't there

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 11:07:49AM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Daniel Stone wrote:
> > KDE is maintained, and works fine. kdelibs is sitting in incoming and
> > AIUI needs an override to go in (even though it's not NEW). Most of its
> > dependency problems are there; a kdebase package has also been prepared
> > for upload to fix the other dependancy problem.
> >
> > Hopefully, with these uploads, meta-kde should hit woody.
> >
> > -d, crossing his fingers and knocking on wood(y?)
>
> aj reminded me that there was a reason we were trying to avoid using
> meta/task packages -- at least big ones that have the potential to go
> boom easily, and the above is why. On the other hand I don't want to
> have to track what is in the kde package by hand. So I have implemented
> something in tasksel that will automatically explode the task package
> into its dependancies and list all of those. Tasksel need only be
> rebuilt when the deps change.

I am adding the meta packages to each kde source so they are rebuilt
each time a new upload is done to fix any problems.

example)
	kdelibs (meta) which depends on:
		libkdecore
		libkdecore-bin
		(...)

then the kde (meta) package just depends on each of the others so it
won't go boom (in theory).

Chris