Re: packages tasksel expects to find in woody, that arn't there

Daniel Stone wrote:
> KDE is maintained, and works fine. kdelibs is sitting in incoming and
> AIUI needs an override to go in (even though it's not NEW). Most of its
> dependency problems are there; a kdebase package has also been prepared
> for upload to fix the other dependancy problem.
> Hopefully, with these uploads, meta-kde should hit woody.
> -d, crossing his fingers and knocking on wood(y?)

aj reminded me that there was a reason we were trying to avoid using
meta/task packages -- at least big ones that have the potential to go
boom easily, and the above is why. On the other hand I don't want to
have to track what is in the kde package by hand. So I have implemented
something in tasksel that will automatically explode the task package
into its dependancies and list all of those. Tasksel need only be
rebuilt when the deps change.

see shy jo