Re: packages tasksel expects to find in woody, that arn't there

Daniel Stone wrote:
> KDE is maintained, and works fine. kdelibs is sitting in incoming and
> AIUI needs an override to go in (even though it's not NEW). Most of its
> dependency problems are there; a kdebase package has also been prepared
> for upload to fix the other dependancy problem.
>
> Hopefully, with these uploads, meta-kde should hit woody.
>
> -d, crossing his fingers and knocking on wood(y?)

aj reminded me that there was a reason we were trying to avoid using
meta/task packages -- at least big ones that have the potential to go
boom easily, and the above is why. On the other hand I don't want to
have to track what is in the kde package by hand. So I have implemented
something in tasksel that will automatically explode the task package
into its dependancies and list all of those. Tasksel need only be
rebuilt when the deps change.

--
see shy jo