Re: Current state of KDE now? (no big deal)

All I did was install libpng2, libpng3, libpng-dev and then
manually delete libpng.so.3 and replace it with a symlink
to libpng.so.2.  Not ideal, but everything works for now.
Once the mess is resolved, just reinstall libpng3 package
and you'll be all set.