Re: [kde] anti-aliasing is *NOT* supported!

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 09:32:06PM +0200, Jarno Elonen wrote:
> > Just to let you know that I will *not* support anti-aliasing. You can
> > use it, but don't expect me to urgently follow up on bug reports
> > involving AA, as it causes problems such as #123264. If you report an AA
> > bug, I'll probably downgrade its severity and tag wontfix, because it's
> > too buggy.
>
> Ok, you're the boss now (;-) but whatever you do, please don't at least
> disable AA *support*, leave it out of binary packages etc!

The support will remain in the packages, but it's not an option I'm
supporting.

> I don't think AA on KDE is particularily buggy and should, instead, be
> considered quite an important feature if we want to eventually build a
> desktop UI that can seriously compete with the commercial one(s). Look & feel
> and usability are one of the areas we are most likely to fail in and
> therefore requires extra attention, IMHO.

It will be quite important as an interface option in KDE3, but I think
these three words sum up its state in KDE2.2: "buggy as shit". I don't
intend to support something that is indeed buggy as shit. Live with the
odd jagged pixel.

--
Daniel Stone						    <daniel@sfarc.net>
Craig Sanders isn't a real man; he's a social degenerate.