Re: kmail: pop3 with ssl fails

On Wednesday 31 October 2001 06:32 am, Olaf Stetzer wrote:
> What can I do to solve this problem. I already tried to run
> fetchmail -ssl -v and this seems to work (with the little problem
> that the mail is lost somewhere on my notebook because I have not
> configured any local MTA (at least I don't remember doing so).

Not a direct answer to your question, but if you used fetchmail, it likely
put the mail in /var/mail/<username>.  You should be able to configure a
local account in Kmail, point it to the local mbox and you should be good to
go.

So, in case you can't get Kmail/POP3/SSL all working together, you should
still be able to use fetchmail to retrieve messages.

--kurt