Re: Hosed KDE
- To: Bob Underwood <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Hosed KDE
- From: "Shawn P. Garbett" <Shawn@Garbett.org>
- Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:10:01 -0500
- Message-id: <20011016200615.VFPU728.imf28bis.bellsouth.net@there>
- In-reply-to: <01101615231801.00424@pappyyokum>
- References: <20011015213202.E10243@shire> <20011016135919.QMRY724.imf26bis.bellsouth.net@there> <01101615231801.00424@pappyyokum>
On Tuesday 16 October 2001 02:23 pm, Bob Underwood wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 October 2001 10:00, Shawn P. Garbett wrote:
> > On Monday 15 October 2001 03:12 pm, Bob Underwood wrote:
> > > there is a but in this package. take a look at had the same problem
> > > last evening. take a look at
> > > http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2001/debian-x-200110/msg00004.html
> > > from 6 Oct, 01.
> > This worked. I'm up and running now (almost!). One last bit of weirdness.
> > The color map is fried somehow. When I run Eterm I get:
> > Eterm: Warning: Unable to resolve "white" as a color name. This should
> > never fail. Please repair/restore your RGB database.
> > I found on the web a program "rgb" that is supposed to create the rgb.dir
> > file and it's not present on my system and I can't find it in any distro.
> > There is an rgb.txt file in /etc/X11.
> I just did a quick check of my system and have at least four permutations
> of this file: identical copies in /etc/X11 and /usr/X11R6/lib/X11; another
> installed by StarOffice and yet another installed by latex2html. the ones
> in /etc/X11 and /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 are installed by xfree86-common per the
> debian package search page.
> perhaps reinstall xfree86-common?
Tried that. Does fix it. Poked at it till I found the answer.
Duh! The RGB path had not been written as part of the install. Fixed that in
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and it works find.
Public Key available from http://www.garbett.org/public-key